Planet-GFx
April 18, 2024, 02:21:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please EveryOne if you arent already start using www.planetgfx.tk for your link to the forum thank you

Home Help Search Arcade s.o.t.w a.o.t.w Staff List Login Register  

Football NFL: Chargers updates! (Read Daily!!)

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Football NFL: Chargers updates! (Read Daily!!)  (Read 124 times)
Charger 21
L.T.
Administrator

:

The old Wicked Jester

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2009, 11:42:07 am »

First off,

Peppers Update:

I read on the NC State board that Julius Peppers has said that he wants to play in San Diego.  That is the only place I've seen this mentioned.  Has anyone else heard anything about it?  Just looking for any confirmation.
(Direct Quote from 88Unbeatable82 from SDBoltreport.com)

Secondly,

Draft pick 16 update:

The pick is placed exactly 1/2 way thru the draft Rd. 1.  We finished 8-8 and were

1-1 in the playoffs, some how it seems fitting, that pick at 16.

CANDIDATES FOR PICK 16

1.  JAMES LAURINAITIS    LB   OHIO ST , a long shot , some how I dont think it's likely

but you can always hope.  Lights Out replacement, AJ is mad that he waited so long

for knee surgery.  Had he skipped the Pro Bowl and had it done, maybe he would

have played in the playoffs!  This is a wish pick for Laurinaitis to land here.

2.  WILLIAM MOORE   S   MISSOURI ,  addresses a need.  Past injuries have to be

evaluated,  must pass the AJ background check.  A Sean Taylor type.

3.  EVANDER "ZIGGY" HOOD   DL   MISSOURI ,  AJ trades down in the draft and picks

up this guy.  Rock solid work ethic,  Olshanskys' replacement ,  looks athletic to be a

DE in a 3 - 4 set. 

4.  JASON SMITH   OT   BAYLOR ,  protect Rivers at all costs.  Needs more strength in

upper body , but usually thats the case coming out of college.  Competition for Clary.

5.  JAMON MEREDITH   OT/OG   S. CAROLINA ,  protect Rivers at all costs!  Has

upside,  sometimes he has to be motivated.  Pro coaching and a paycheck should

take care of that.  Must pass the AJ  background check.   Regular Insiders have

heard me mention this before -  one downfall of AJ is that he rarely drafts OL in the

first three rounds to protect Philip.  Bill Polian for the Colts always drafts an OL

every yr to protect Manning.  I'm tired of our  QB getting the stuffing kicked out of

him every other week!

6.  ALEX MACK   OC/OG   CAL GOLDEN BEARS , this guy is a HARDWICK CLONE, I

am not kidding you!  AJ trades down and picks this guy up , but only if the team

feels that he can also play guard.  Hardwick's Liscz -  Franc  surgery on his foot

scares the hell out of me.  I don't know how many yrs he has left.  Again , my theme

to you- followers of the bolts , protect Rivers at all costs, due to his limited mobility.

THE GUYS ABOVE,  I ENVISION  AS  SOME  OF OUR POSSIBLE CANDIDATES AT 16
(Direct Quote from DRAFTICON on SDBoltreport.com)

Third and last update,

Roy Williams (SS) Update:

ROY WILLIAMS, THE SAFETY, CHANGES AGENTS
Posted by Mike Florio on January 17, 2009, 12:06 a.m.
When we heard earlier this week that Roy Williams of the Cowboys changed agents, we were confused.

Why, we thought, would he be changing agents after signing a long-term deal during the season?  After all, his new agent would get no fee at any until a new deal is negotiated.

And then we realized that there’s another Roy Williams on the team.  Roy Williams the safety.

We’d forgotten about him, primarily because he wasn’t around for most of the year.

The Cowboys might be ready to forget about him, too, given the decline in his performance and the increase in his salary.

And so Roy Williams the safety will rely upon Jordan Woy, not Ben Dogra, to deal with any efforts by the Cowboys to squeeze Williams’ salary — or to negotiate a new deal with a new team if he is cut.

Williams, per the Dallas Morning News, is due to have a $6.6 million cap number in 2009.  His base salary will be $4.4 million.

There's an intimidator who would be a great fit.  Is he a Polamalu type, maybe not, but he is someone QB's are aware of and someone who can be a leader of a young secondary.  Not to mention the added ability to blitz!  I think Rivera could have fun scheming with a guy like that.

Jammer, Cromartie, Cason
Weddle, Williams

I could deal with that.

(Direct Quote from SDchargers85fan from SDBoltreport.com)

That is your Chargers Daily update!

I should have daily updates on the Chargers. I can make Daily updates on your team also!! (Post in Request and say you want Daily Updates!!)
Report Spam   Logged

Owner of Sports Section.

Go there for sports questions and answers!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Charger 21
L.T.
Administrator

:

The old Wicked Jester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:03:03 pm »

Chargers Coaching news!!

Read:

Secondary Coach Steve Wilks is going to be on SDs staff in 2009.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com...wilks/?chargers

The Chargers are close to hiring Steve Wilks as their secondary coach, sources said.

Wilks was fired by the Chicago Bears last week. Wilks served under Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera when Rivera was the Bears'coordinator. Wilks was in San Diego on Saturday.

I wouldnt be surprised if SD signed Safety Mike Brown. He's 30 and has a history of season ending injuries at FS but moved to SS this past year and started all 16 games for Chicago. That way Rivera gets a coach he trusts on the sideline and a player he trusts on the field.
[Direct quote from restored on SDBoltreport.com]
Report Spam   Logged

Owner of Sports Section.

Go there for sports questions and answers!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Affiliates
Our Code

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum